[3830] WPX SSB AD7JP(@K2PO) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AD7JP(@K2PO) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 04:30:27 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AD7JP
Operator(s): KF7FME K7VIT K7NAA K7RF K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Newberg, OR
Operating Time (hrs): 40

------------
  160:    0
   80:  191
   40:  426
   20:  818
   15:  232
   10:    0
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Fun time - first Multi-2 effort at the station.  We had a KPA-500 amplifier for
the K3, and occasionally ran a barefoot TS-850 barefoot as a second rig.  All
antennas were on a common tower.  (Friday was spent installing stubs...)  Most
hours we were single-transmitter.

Jerry K7VIT and Jessica K7NAA were first-time visitors to the station, and
joined alums Jon K7RF and Joe KF7FME to cover most of the contest hours.
(Jessica drove out both Saturday and Sunday.)  Joe put in the most hours of the
visiting ops - including the tedious second night, after all the usual suspects
have already been worked.  (He'll recover quickly - 16 is such a better age to
contest than 60...)

Ten meters was a no-show at this northern latitude, and no European appeared in
our 15m log.

After the US (with 868 QSOs), our next-most common country was . . . . wait for
it . . . . Japan (230 Qs), followed by VE (54), VK (40), and PY (30).  Then
followed the top two Europeans: Italy and Germany (both with 24).  Then KH6 and
KL7 (both with 22) before another European (S5 with 15).  Then ZL and YV.
'Doubtless a far cry from our brethren to the east.

68% of our contacts were by running; 32% by S&P.  There's always suspense
in anticipating what you'll hear after calling CQ.  Will it be another W7?  Or
an interloper infringing on the run frequency?  Or a 6W, 7Z, 9K, H4, or T7?
The latter were particular treats this year.

Thanks to all for the QSOs (and to the real AD7JP for use of the callsign)!

73,

Bill, K2PO, for the AD7JP team