[3830] WPX SSB RU1A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB RU1A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 20:44:10 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: RU1A
Operator(s): RW1A RW1F RW1CW RU1AF RV1AW
Station: RU1A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: nr Saint-Petersburg
Operating Time (hrs): 44.14

------------
  160:  128
   80:  536
   40: 1086
   20: 2394
   15:  140
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Congratulations to the winners !

The last thing to complain about life, but the realities are killing.

In the last 4 hours we did not have electricity, although, in principle, this
does not change anything.

We're diisapointed. We have nothing to add.

We really have better setup on 40 meters compare with EI7M, E7DX, IR4M as a M/S
stations which ahead of us in current contest, but we're to far to East and in
deep hole to US propagation. It's unreal to achieve such result as they did on
this band in sunspot minimum.
- 7 el yagi @ 40 m up,  fixed to JA on two separate towers, boom length 60
meters
- 3 el yagi @ 27 meters up, rotary, 16 meters boom length
- 5 el yagi @ 40 meters, rotary, 25 meters boom length and when this antenna is
fix to USA East Coast,  we can add additional 3 el yagi with 22 meters boom on
separate tower, and get 61 meters boom !

Since that huge system was installed in October 2016, just one time (out of any
contest period) we were able to see the advantage of this. In other contests US
propagation were out of us.

For your understanding on 20 meters, we have 12 elements @ 60 m on 45 meters
boom fixed to East Coast, H-Frame 4x5 el fixed to West Coast and 4 different
rotaring big yagis more.

The same huge setup we have for other bands as well.

We don't care more. We're tired to find the way how to improve the our setup
and the main question is what for ?
What else we have to do...
Seems nothing... Small improvements will be unable to change the picture.

Just will be wait for propagation changing. Seems, it's only the way...

Few pictures for your understanding !
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000649507710&fref=ts

I don't understand what support I can get from you ..
"The rich also cry".

On behalf of RU1A, de RV1AW