[3830] WPX SSB IR6T M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, info@iz6tsa.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB IR6T M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 22:09:22 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: IR6T
Operator(s): I6CXB IX1BFL IK6JNH IK6VXO IK6LBT IK8UND IZ6CRK IZ6TSA IU6AKY
IU6HPN
Station: IR6T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   95
   80:  627
   40: 2485
   20: 1638
   15:  167
   10:    0
------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

We planned this contest to introduce some new operators to the wonderful world
of contesting. Due to the high number ops available and to have more fun we
decided to take part in the Multi Two category. Our main goal was to have fun
and teach something to new operators, so we started the contest very relaxed.

The 40m system worked excellently for almost 48 hours, that was the key of the
contest considering that the high bands were apparently dead. Good opening on
Sunday afternoon towards North America with huge signals on 15m, unfortunately
only a hundred of station came to contact us. On 80m and 160m we used
a full-size vertical and a dipole respectively. We experienced some problems
on 20m to contact europeans, sure we need to check the system and make some
improvements to cover higher take off angles. The rest of the setup worked
smoothly except for the inband which is still almost deaf. This not helped
finding and working mults, by the way the mults resulted in a good number.

The last hours we checked on cqcontest and tired but well motivated we pushed
more the score reaching 22.5M.

After all it was a nice weekend with good food brought by Sal IK8UND and good
company. The newbie were happy and, at least for this point, we accomplished
our mission. Still a lot of work needs to be done and they have to take part
in a lot more contests.

Hope to see you in the next contests.

On behalf of IR6T
IZ6TSA Nico