[3830] MoQP K3WJV SO Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MoQP K3WJV SO Fixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 19:16:41 +0000
Missouri QSO Party

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO Fixed HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:   21
   40:   54     10
   20:   74     24
   15:
   10:
----------------------------
Total:  149     34      0  Mults = 76  Total Score = 25,532

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

added 200 to final score for bonus station & cabrillo entry

Set out to work lots of stns in the SPDX test. Of course everyone knows how
that turned out with the solar flares.  I wrkd 1 SP on Sat & 13 on Sun just
before it ended. So I tuned around for guys in the MO & MS parties but
didn't start until 1700z on Saturday so missed some prime time & some
counties I guess.

I was assisted but not until Sunday when I connected to w0mw in n1mm since my
filters in the rbn I use were dx only.  A little later on Sunday I found out
about the fun internet site just for the Qso party.  It gave me a chance to
take the headphones off and help the wife and see if something needed to be
worked.

Condx got very bad on Sunday on 40 but all in all it was fun.  I was going to
do cw only but broke down and got on ssb, 1st Q at 1605z Sunday.  I only do ssb
a couple times a year for ARRL & CQWW for the club and a little here and
there like in field day but very rare.  I wound up working WB0SND where he was
op at and we had a little laugh about being on phone since we always work him
in the cwt's.

Thanks to all the mobiles for running up the multiplier totals.  This was the
first year I've done this contest and will look forward to maybe giving it a
bigger effort next year.  After all, somebody needs to give K1RO some
competition.  Nice job, Mark!

only used stn2 setup:

stn 1   FT1000MP & Alpha 89
40mtr inv v    40mtr sloper    @55ft
Palstar HF-AUTO to add 15&20

stn 2   K3/P3 & Acom 2000A
2el K4KIO Hexbeam-6 bands @24ft    Green Heron controller with G-450A rotor
3 band two legged fan inv vee broadside N/S @ 55ft  40-80-trapped 160

Rx ant - pair of 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbogs with DXE ncc-2

SO2R >> TopTen Dx Doubler    Band Aides    A/B relays

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger