[3830] GaQP K3WJV Single OpCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP K3WJV Single OpCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 04:51:12 +0000
Georgia QSO Party

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: Single OpCW HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

  160:      5
   80:     32
   40:     89
   20:     35
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    161       0  CW-Dig Mults = 80  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 25,760

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Always try to make a few Q's in the QP's and help the guys (pse return the favor
in the PAQP, hi) but lately I have been getting more involved.  First time for
the GQP, very enjoyable but hats off to the rovers for supplying all the
mults!

My dad (K3YQP sk) put our HW101 in his 61 Caddy and we got the Hustler mast
with resonators for all 5 bands.  The 1st Q was with a ZL on 20 ssb. We're
talking 1965. It was a short stint with the rig in the car but I'd love to know
what some of the rovers were using.

I've been trying to tailor different sets of filters for the rbn I use but
after much trial & error I found K4UGA and managed to set the filter to get
a fair amount of spots. This telnet thing is a work in progress but I was trying
to watch the Masters and play radio at the same time. Sunday things seemed to be
clicking vy good.

Condx though made for some lean hours.  Hard to imagine GA to PA would be so
difficult but N0G probably got through the most followed by KN4Y and N4N. I
don't have analyzing software but the top 3 of QSO's were N0G-30  KN4Y-23 and
N4N-23. I missed a lot of counties from N4N. At times I sat there and waited
for the signal to come out of the noise floor. I hope I was louder than you
guys were. It was like the early days of dx-ing, hi. Sometimes when you went to
the next county you had a better signal g-spot.

I know I left a lot of mults on the table but it was still a lot of fun. Tnx
for the Q's. Just think of how much fun it would have been if condx were at a
better point in the solar cycle and 15 was open, not to mention 10. Hope to cu
agn next year. Will be keeping an eye on the contest calendar for the GQP.

stn 1   FT1000MP & Alpha 89
40mtr inv v    40mtr sloper    @55ft
Palstar HF-AUTO to add 15&20

stn 2   K3/P3 & Acom 2000A
2el K4KIO Hexbeam-6 bands @24ft    Green Heron controller with G-450A rotor
3 band two legged fan inv vee broadside N/S @ 55ft  40-80-trapped 160

Rx ant - pair of 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbogs with DXE ncc-2

SO2R >> TopTen Dx Doubler    Band Aides    A/B relays

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger