[3830] CQMM DX WQ6X(@NX6T) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] CQMM DX WQ6X(@NX6T) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 06:19:46 +0000
CQ Manchester Mineira DX Contest

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Remote Operation

   80:   10      0
   40:  184     11
   20:  202     16
   15:   38     15
   10:    0      0
----------------------
Total:  434     42  Countries = 51  Total Score = 129,177

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another last minute WQ6X remote operation from NX6T
("NashVille") in Fallbrook - approx 900' above sea level.  While I
dabbled in the other QSO parties happening this weekend, my main focus was the
CQMM contest.
I ran the usual Elecraft K3 into an ACOM 2000a amplifier dialed back to about
990 watts to keep things cool in the shack.
The high bands were scanned with an adroitly rotatable C-31 yagi at 13mh on
tower 1 with 2-elements on 40-meters and an inverted Vee on 80, all 14mh.
There was a LOT of atmospheric static this weekend making weak signal copy
difficult.  Often a band would seem dead (like 15 meters).  A CQ call beaming
South America for the contest would yield a call from V51 in Namibia - go
figure.
80 meters was a disappointment overall and Asia never materialized on 15.
The openings I used to experience on 15 meters now happen on 20 as the MUF
drops lower more quickly in the bottom of the sunspot cycle 24.
One of the nice features in this contest is the exchange - it was nice to
actually see how MANY YL's, QRP stations and Multi-OP stations were actually on
the air.
Look for a write up on this contest in the WQ6X Contest Blog:
http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com