[3830] FlQP WI9WI SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] FlQP WI9WI SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 00:33:01 +0000
Florida QSO Party

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: Winter, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   40:   49      0
   20:  326     33
   15:   10      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  385     33  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 24  Total Score = 73,073

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

My goals in this one were as usual, a sweep, solving the word puzzle, and
following the mobiles until either I or they ran out of gas. As noted
conditions weren't great, but at least 20 was adequate from here in the very
upper North Woods. Forty was very noisy on Saturday evening due to the
disastrous storms in the south. I did most of my receiving on the east Beverage
since that was the quietest. As K4U (NF4A) noted 15 was open but there were few
stations there. I swept 20 phone every hour or so, but mostly heard only the
same 15 or 20 strong stations with a few others interspersed in between. This
was a 100% S&P effort. I pretty stayed BIC on Saturday, but took quite a
few short breaks after I got the sweep on Sunday. At halftime I had 64
counties. I picked up GUL (K4KG) early Sunday, and LIB (NO5W) and finally MON
(K4OJ) fairly late. I made 52 QSOs with the "FLORIDA SUN" stations,
including at least one with each. Frequent fliers:
K4OJ-42
K4KG-39
AD4ES-30
N4EEB-29
NO5W-28
W4AN-23
N4FP-21
K8MR-19
KN4Y-18
K4ZGB-14
I only made 4 SSB QSOs with the mobile stations and they were all arranged on
CW. I never heard a free range mobile SSB station.

Gear: K-3, 500 watt Tokyo HP amp. C-19 on 20/15, 2 el phased verts on 40.
Beverage.

As always it's the mobiles that make this a fun operation. Thanks to all.
73
Jim in far northern Wisconsin where it snowed Saturday night