[3830] FlQP NE9U(@W0AIH) M/MMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne9u@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] FlQP NE9U(@W0AIH) M/MMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 22:17:25 +0000
Florida QSO Party

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U KK9K
Station: W0AIH

Class: M/MMixed LP
QTH: wi
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   40:   93     26
   20:  336    189
   15:   37     14
   10:    2      2
--------------------
Total:  468    231  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 50  Total Score = 270,738

Club: Honey Badger Contesters

Comments:

Ron and I both missed out on both ARRL DX M/M's due to our trip to P40 this past
February, so we needed our W0AIH fix!  Our ARRL DX CW partner K1TO encouraged us
to join in the Florida fun so we did!
It was good to see Paul again too!  Always a great Host.
Most of Paul's antennas are probably too high for a domestic contest, but we
cobbled together two stations and went with it.

I have been going mobile in the WQP, MNQP, and MIQP for 25 years but have never
taken part in a full time chase of the mobiles, so this was fun to try.  (Ron
has joined me the past 5 years or so)  There definitely is a learning curve!

There were lots of good CW operators to chase in this contest!

Maybe next year, we will come down and try the contest Mobile!

73

Scott NE9U and Ron KK9K

equipment:

K3 X 2
40 meters:  3 elements @ 70 feet
20 meters : 4/4/4/4 Hygain 204B
15 meters:  5/5 element Hygain 155BA at 110/70 feet
10 meters:  5/5/5/5 Hygain 105BA on 120 ft rotating tower

and the antenna that seemed pretty good on all bands...The JA Rhombic on
reverse!

TR4W logging software