[3830] 7QP N1CC SO(A)Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP N1CC SO(A)Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 01:09:06 +0000
7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SO(A)Mixed LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:
   40:   27      0      0
   20:  108    161      0
   15:   13      0      0
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  148    161      0  Mults = 120  Total Score = 91,920

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station:  Elecraft K3/100 @100W. F-12 C3 @64', 80/40 Fan Dipole E/W @50' using
WriteLog V12.13B, Packet Cluster, RBN, and VOACAP.

Last year I operated part-time and QRP and also in the other two QPs this
weekend.  That diluted my effort and I chose to ONLY work 7QP this year.

Conditions early in the day were pretty poor, got better in late afternoon.
Used "Directional Calling" to attract stations to contact.  Sixteen
Hams, 12 who are Extra-class and three who are very experienced operators
called me when I was either saying "7 Call Area Only" on SSB or
"W7 KN" on CW.  They all were NOT logged, are on tape, and need to
find ELMER that will teach them not to call when someone is making directional
calls.  On the other hand, only 7 attempts to "dupe" me showed that
discipline in the 7-Land is better on dupes than some other parts of the radio
world.

Late afternoon gave up on CW because the CW spectrum was a lot like the
"CWO*" with people banging away, moving on top of you, and in other
words being lids.  Most of these were obviously HP East Coast and Midwest
stations, that "could" hear me but did not care ... Contest
University should work on that hammer technique to try and alleviate the bedlam
mode so many use.
*I resigned from CW Ops for this reason last year.

Fun event, nonetheless, and I hope we can get the other outfits to pick other
times in coordination with other QPs to enhance availability and time share.