[3830] 7QP W7ZZ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP W7ZZ M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 02:09:25 +0000
7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: W7ZZ
Operator(s): W7ZZ K7RVF
Station: W7ZZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Port Orchard, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0     1294     0  Mults = 65  Total Score = 168,220

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

You won't believe this story!  In the middle of the contest, while my computer
was activating the transmitter and repeatedly calling CQ via the wav file, the
wireless keyboard's batteries died. I realized this as I tried to stop the
transmitter from being repeatedly keyed, calling endless CQs. Typing didn't
stop the CQ, as it should have.  The ESCAPE key didn't stop it either.  After
initial panic, I realized the batteries must have died and that I had no way to
communicate with computer other than to power it down.  I ran around the house
and, fortunately, found a couple AAA batteries, all while I'm calling CQ.  I
inserted the batteries, hit the "connect" button on the bottom of the
keyboard and breathed a sigh of relief as the CQs stopped.  Never will I start a
contest again without fresh batteries in the keyboard and mouse!