[3830] WPX CW N8BJQ SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N8BJQ SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 11:06:24 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N8BJQ
Operator(s): N8BJQ
Station: N8BJQ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 25
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    5
   80:   64
   40:  291
   20:  523
   15:  183
   10:   36
------------

Club:

Comments:

Decided at the last minute to try low power. Conditions were pretty good before
the start and no amp means I can leave the A/C off in the shack.  First 1:56
were excellent with EU on 20 and 40.  Things rapidly went downhill from there.
At 0158, a loud boom shook the house and the sky opened up.  For the next 5 - 6
hours it sounded like a battlefield. I think I set a record for the fastest
disconnect. My great grandson was here and he was really scared. We got quite a
bit of quality time together before he finally crashed. I gave up and crashed
about 0600. Got back on at 1200 - bands were not the same. As the day went by
they got even worse. EU almost completely went away.  Spent Saturday and Sunday
chasing W mults. 20 did get somewhat better on Sunday afternoon and 10M opened
for a bit for a few mults.  Did get to watch most of the Indy 500. 27 hours of
air time. Thanks for all the Q's.