[3830] WPX CW W1NN SOAB(TS) LP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W1NN SOAB(TS) LP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 14:21:07 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:   43
   40:  319
   20:  328
   15:   50
   10:   29
------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

This was my first WPX from the home station since 2009.  I operated six out of
the last seven WPX contests from various locations in Europe.  No doubt about
it, this contest is a lot more fun from Europe, especially for a modest low
power station.

I had intended to put in a full effort and the first few hours Friday night
were pretty good on 20 and 40 with lots of EU making it into the log.  But S9
QRN on 80 made that band pretty useless.  As band conditions on Saturday
deteriorated, so did my motivation, and I just couldn't see the point of
scratching out every QSO for the rest of the weekend, so my operation gradually
became a part-time one, just operating on and off for an hour or two here and
there throughout the rest of the weekend. 15 never opened to Europe for me and
EU was basically unworkable on 20 and 40 until late Sunday, by which time it
most of the weekend was gone.  There was a nice opening on 10 Sunday afternoon
but not many stations seemed to realize it.