[3830] WPX CW VE7XF SOAB HP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE7XF SOAB HP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 18:05:34 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CN79
Operating Time (hrs): 32

------------
  160:    1
   80:   10
   40:  150
   20:  440
   15:  105
   10:    1
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I dreamt that I was back in Cycle 19 - the good ole' days all over again!
Signals everywhere on 15, 20 and 40. Friday night was productive, so I set my
alarm for 1 hour before sunrise on Saturday. It should have been 2 hours.
We all know what happened on Saturday - it was like somebody threw a 'cone of
silence' over everything. Tough slogging from then on. Nothing different at
this QTH. Suprisingly few sigs from SA, but the VKs and ZLs hung in there,
particularly ZL4YL on 40, whom I heard for hours.
Mostly S&P - I enjoy the challenge.

Still only one antenna for all bands - a 260' doublet at 75', fed with open
wire line. Shouldn't there be a separate category for this?
Note to self - I've gotta get those towers up this summer.

Ralph, VE7XF