[3830] AlQP WQ6X(@NX6T) SOCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] AlQP WQ6X(@NX6T) SOCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 04:28:17 +0000
Alabama QSO Party

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SOCW LP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0
   80:   12     0
   40:   30     0
   20:   19     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:   61     0  CW Mults = 28  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 3,416

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another last minute remote operating of NX6T's STN-1 @
"NashVille"
from my office in the SF Bay area after my client work was finished @22:00z.
20 meters started off reasonably well, but 15 meters never happened.
When I switched to 40-meters the QRN was nearly S-8 and later just as bad on
80.
Most of the AQP stations also seemed to be experiencing a lot of noise,
so I guess it was a contest-wide phenomenon, not just in Alameda.
My beef this year was that many stations just signed as /M (mobile), instead
of using their county abbreviation in the callsign which would then allow
the skimmers to put their callsign properly in the bandmap.  That caused us to
"wait around" to discover if they were a new mult or not.
Kudos to all of the mobile stations that activated NUMEROUS counties.
You can read the write-up on this GiG in the next installment of the
WQ6X Contest BLOG: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.Com