[3830] ARRL June VHF WB8RFB SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8rfb@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WB8RFB SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 00:46:08 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  44     27  Total Score = 1,215

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Rough conditions on Saturday but it got a bit better on Sunday in the
late-afternoon.  With low and temporary antennas, it was mostly S & P from
this QTH.  Best moment was working C6ATA for new one on 6. This contest teaches
humility - in the middle of an S-9 data exchange and the band drops out and you
lose the QSO; never to be regained!  You learn to roll with the punches.  In
these low-sunspot years, bigger and higher antennas and "more power"
is needed.  Even then, I heard some stations calling and calling with no
compared to two or three years ago unless they were all up on the JT9 and JT65
portion.  No matter what, chalk it all up to "magic."  I'm sure I'll
be back in there next year.