[3830] ARRL June VHF K7XC SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7xcnv1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7XC SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 06:28:55 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  130    70  Total Score = 9,100

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The Contest started very slow Saturday and after 5 hours I had 12 Qs. I took
many breaks to watch TV and eat while the radio was squelched on 50.125. When I
heard activity I ran to the radio and worked what I could as fast as possible
before the band died out... again. Not a trace of Double hop all day and went
to bed with the radio squelched, Sunday around 745AM the radio sprang to life
and I sat down and started looking for Qs/Mults. Saw a post about CT1HZE on
50,083 CW. Sure enough I found him CQing unanswered and called him getting an
immediate response! Not bad working Portugal with 100W and 6ele DK7ZB design
yagi at 30ft from Western Nevada! Things slowly seemed to get better and better
in small stages with eventually some weak double hop to FL and other places,
mainly on CW. As the afternoon passed the Es started to get louder and open
towards the N/NE. Not bad for mostly mediocre conditions. 73s de Tim - K7XC -
DM09jh... sk