[3830] ARRL June VHF KN5O Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KN5O Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 18:25:17 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  399   125  Total Score = 49,875

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Was supposed to go to Marshall's K5QE's to do a multi-op as I have done for last
8 years for this contest.  Unfortunately, the XYL had an accident the day before
and I needed to be home.  She appears to be ok, just shaken up mostly.

I operated now and then when I had a few minutes, concentrating on CW.  Had
some pretty good runs when the band was open to the East Coast.  Tried beaming
West now and then, but not much there e-skip-wise from my QTH.

My drop-draws moment was getting called by Randy, KH6RC, on phone about 1hr 32
mins after the contest started.  Previously hearing nothing too much to my west
(no California or Arizona), he called out of the blue.  BK29cc, what a catch!
Thanks Randy...

Finally worked a bit out west late Sunday, but not all that much.

Looked like the band was open for some locations just about all the time..
Worked a smattering of JT65 here and there just to play around.  That was my
first effort on this mode on 6M from my QTH.

Anyway, the contest helped passed the hours while not attending to other
duties.  Please excuse the keyboard fumbles.  I get finger-tied at times.
Thanks to all for the contacts..

73, Ted KN5O