[3830] TBDC N3BB Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N3BB Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 14:28:08 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: stx
Operating Time (hrs): 3

Total:  QSOs = 28  Total Score = 78

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Armed with my first decent 160 meter antenna thanks to W5JAW's ez.nec prowness
and determination, plus my weak brain and semi-strong back, plus lots of suntan
prevention goo, I spent a week doing this. Was anxious to try it out after my
initial on-air test with K5NA when WB6BEE called him and then Don could not
even hear me. Thus my initial name for the antenna as the "K5NA
Killer" was modified to the Booga-Booga (very little) Boomer. Hmmm.
However competing with daForce on 160 meters is not a task for the weak or the
foolish, and I ended up in the Summer Stew doing fairly well. Thank heavens for
my SAL-30  receiving array! Even with this, it was a total struggle to get at
least half of the stations' reports, etc. But all in all, this was fun. Sorta!
Looking to get into the IARU and do a serious entry including all those juicy
160 mults (not). Thanks to W5JAW for his great help, and for all the good ears
out there in the Summer Stew. Jim N3BB