[3830] ARRL FD NN5O 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD NN5O 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 18:11:44 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   256    0       0  Total Score = 880

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

Very, very meager effort here.
Main radio had major stomach problems before contest, so the Orion is upside
down on the bench with the A9 Power Distribution Board taken out so I can now
replace all capacitors.  Plus, VFO A was not working properly.

Therefore, I had to resort to the Kenwood TS480-SAT -- which is definitely NOT
a contesting radio!  Had really rough time pulling out signals.  But, thanks to
all who responded.

I was especially delighted to work so many of my fellow members of the CWOps
organization.  If you're a CW operator and are not yet a member, please join us
on each Wednesday at 1300z, 1900z, and 0300z for a one hour CWT event.  Top
notch operators, for sure.  You can find us generally in the range from
.028-.038, but with crowding, we often spread a bit beyond that, especially
upwards.

Also, please visit our club web site -- http://deepdixiecc.org -- we are still
looking for more team members to join us for the August NAQP, mainly CW.  So
far, we have two full teams, but we'd like to have 5 or 6 teams.  You don't to
live in the Deep South, but you must live in North America for the NAQP.
So, let me know if you'd like to join one of the teams.
My email is nn5olarry@gmail.com

73 all...

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O  #1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Rig: Ten-Tec Orion 565AT  ~100w into 400 foot horizontal loop up 40 feet