[3830] ARRL FD AI6DO 2B QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ai6do@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD AI6DO 2B QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 22:49:09 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   36     23      3  Total Score = 955

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

A disappointing first time operating Field Day solo QRP.
Sunday morning only, due to commitments on Saturday. Entered
as class 2B1B, but I would have done better as 1B1B, since
most times when I transmitted on 2M, the KX3 shut off and
the tablet locked up, deleting all of the stored messages
and settings.  Both backup tablets suffered the same fate.
Then the paddle stopped working, so I was stuck using just
the limited set of messages stored in the KX3, and had to
log most of my contacts on paper.  Of course, I had backups
for everything except the paddle and cable, and didn't need
any of the backups except that cable.  Attempted satellite
contacts on AO85, NO84, and ISS without success.  Next year
I'll just do SO2R on HF and leave the HT and Arrow at home.

KX3 with inverted-vee fan dipole with legs for 40M and 20M.
TH-D72A and Arrow Yagi for 2m/70cm and satellite.

505 pts QSOs (101 QSO pts w/ 5x multiplier for QRP)
200 pts 100% emergency power
100 pts public location
100 pts K6KPH bulletin
 50 pts web submission