[3830] ARRL FD KM7N/9 1B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, km7n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KM7N/9 1B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 23:45:59 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   0      34      0  Total Score = 68

Club:

Comments:

This is one for the history books.  At least MY history books...After a
frustrating start involving a 40M dipole, my FT-817 and some trees (a longer
story for another day)that made me want to throw the whole darn setup in the
trash, I took a knee (and a deep breath), ate lunch and re-evaluated.  With a
full stomach, I decided to check out 6M, since I already had my 6M dipole
strung up (albeit low) and connected to the FT-857 in my RV.  I was surprised
to hear a good opening on 6 on Saturday.  I logged a few QSOs and then went to
bed.
Oh, the difference a good night's sleep makes!  I awoke Sunday morning to find
6M full of signals from 50.125 through 50.214!  6M remained open all day, too.
I proceeded to spend the rest of the day (with breaks for breakfast, some
errands, and laundry)on 6M exclusively.  Not only did I log 19 sections-from NH
to Florida to Colorado-from my location in Illinois just east of St Louis, but I
actually had 2 good runs.  I have never successfully held a run on ANY band (I'm
mostly an S&P contester running 100W), much less the "Magic
Band"!

So what started out as a frustrating solo effort on Field Day turned out to be
one of the most exciting Field Days I have ever had, thanks to 6M and Es!