[3830] RAC Day VE9CB SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve9cb@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE9CB SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2017 22:38:44 +0000
RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE9CB
Operator(s): VE9CB
Station: VE9CB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New Brunswick
Operating Time (hrs): 7:23

  160:
   80:    1      2       0         2
   40:   87     63       3         4
   20:  179    332       9        12
   15:   58     21       2         2
   10:    1      1       1         1
    6:    2      3       2         2
    2:
Total:  328    422      17        23  Total Score = 144,720

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

A very nice way to spend part of a very rainy Canada Day.  I'm not up to a
full-time effort, as I'm recovering from an accident and knee surgery.

My plan was to be as active as I could be.  I was very willing to be moved
around the bands, but only one person took me up on it.  Kudos to Gabor VE7JH
for taking the initiative to move me from 15cw to 15ssb, and then on to ten
metres, where we made it on both modes.  If you don't try, you won't succeed.
To make a good multiplier total in this contest, you have to beg, wheedle and
whine to get people to change bands and modes.

There seemed to be lots of activity during the times when I was on, but
conditions were pretty rotten.

I worked most of the RAC HQ stations, and I understand they were all active.