[3830] RAC Day AB1J M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day AB1J M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 12:51:18 +0000
RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 3:30

  160:
   80:
   40:   91              7
   20:   23              4
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  114     0       11         0  Total Score = 7,128

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Another mighty Multi-Single operation from Waltham, MA, the Steam Punk City.

My main effort was in the DL-DX RTTY but it is 11 hours out of sync with the
RAC and conditions were horrible for DX, so I spent some time in the RAC to
help celebrate our northern neighbor's birthday. The land of Sgt. Preston and
and his faithful Husky, Yukon King, the "wonder dog."

Also my younger daughter was born on this day, so I celebrated that too in both
contests.  Happy birthday, kiddo.

The most interesting thing was my first QSO, with VC3C2C. Had to study that one
a bit to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. The CW skimmers couldn't decode it
either. The best they could do was 3C2C. The call celebrates Canada's 150th
birthday, stretching "from sea to sea."

Thanks for the QSOs. Happy Birthday, Canada!

"Let's go home, King. This case is closed."  Sgt. Preston

73,
Ken, AB1J

Saturday 1300z solar data:
SFI = 71