[3830] IARU KS5Z M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, billamader@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KS5Z M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 03:31:58 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: KS5Z
Operator(s): AF5KV K5LCL K8TE KC5CC KS5Z WB5R WR5O
Station: KS5Z

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Lubbock TX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    7      0      4       0
   80:   98      0      9       4
   40:  239     56     22      16
   20:  118    217     22      32
   15:  117     42     12       6
   10:    2      0      2
-------------------------------------
Total:  581    315     71      58  Total Score = 323,016

Club:

Comments:

Our annual "training" event, Team KS5Z more than doubled our claimed
score over last year's results, a solid improvement using the same station and
mostly the same ops.  Conditions were better than expected, but not great.  We
had occasionally good runs, but S&P had mixed results.  It was much like FD
in that some stations just didn't seem to hear well.

We're attempting to build up the cadre of contest operators in Lubbock for
future events.  It's always great fun to share stories (some true) and for me,
catch up with friends I haven't seen in a year.  None of is is
"young" but we are young in heart.  Thanks to all who pulled our
little pistol signal out of the mud.  See you next year, or for a couple of us,
this year's Nov SS-SSB.

73, Bill, K8TE, the only non-Texan at KS5Z