[3830] IARU DP4T(@DJ4PT) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU DP4T(@DJ4PT) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 19:58:12 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: DP4T
Operator(s): LY4L LY9A LY5Y M0UNN
Station: DJ4PT

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Versmold
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:     0     0      0        0
   80:   235    66     33       29
   40:   499   141     45       42
   20:   795   270     79       52
   15:   134    71     40       31
   10:    55    29     21       19
-------------------------------------
Total:  1718   577    218      173  Total Score = 2,547,756

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Can you imagine how strong men has to be by the decision to use 3-bander,
dipoles, 100w power during the Contest instead of rotary 3 el ful size quad
antenna for 80 m on some nearly 40m high free standing tower, full size 5 el
quad antenna on similar separate tower, KW amplifier when He can almost touch
all those available playing tools by lenght of extended hand......?
We did!
  In December of 2016 We asked Chris DL1MGB (He visited Lithuania during 60
years celebration of Lithuanian radio sports federation) for the possibility to
visit and operate one of possible WRTC testing stations in Germany in July of
2017. The answer was NO, because me and Mindis LY4L were considered as
potential competitors in WRTC 2018. But luckily Chris promissed us to ask DL
Contest community if some one can host us during IARU 2017. Voila! Things ended
the way We collected our transceivers, computers, filters, lot of other
neccessary stuff and headed to Hans DJ4PT QTH for taking part in IARU 2017. The
main goal of our trip of course was to learn propagation differences, to
understand and fix in to our memorys where to turn antenna, how differently the
DX signals sounds more than thousant km away from our home and many many more.
We thought that this kind of training would really help us to be more
competetive next year, if WRTC committee would select us as one of competing
teams. And today I think We were not shouting away the target. The trip was
very productive. For this We owe thones of thanks to amazing Host Klaus DJ4PT
and His XYL Helga - their hospitality is unforgettable, To Klaus DF9XV for
substituding those big monster quad antennas by dipoles for 80 and 40 m and
spending many hours of His time to make us happy, Klaus DJ4AX for going long
distance from His home to share secrets of propagation and old stories. Thanks
to Helga and DF9XV XYL Brigitte, DL4OBD for keeping my wife busy during Contest
Weekend. Thanks to Sarunas, M0UNN (Mindis brother) for coming ower and
supporting us in Germany, thanks to our technical manager Gin LY4Y for beeing
with us when is neccessary and everywhere.
Our score above was made according announced WRTC 2018 rules, using equipment
and antennas approaching possible WRTC reality - OB threebander, bit higher,
but facing trees, 40 m 1 element dipole on separate tower from yagi (0
interference between 40 and other bands in this case), 80m dipole, FTDX3000,
FTDX5000 at 100W and so on.
There are shown DXCC countries instead of zones, and score counted according
WRTC rules since We used WRTC configuration in Win-Test. Two signals were
transmitted at the same time. Log will be send as check log  of course and will
be open for everyone after the dead line.

Me and Mindis were staying in chairs almost full time, but few QSO's were made
by Gin and Sarunas during our contest related discutions.

73! Gedas LY9A