[3830] NAQP RTTY WN6K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY WN6K Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 23:13:07 +0000
North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:40

   80:   16     5
   40:  127    38
   20:  170    46
   15:   46    19
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  362   111  Total Score = 40,182

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Dear Contest Directors Everywhere:

After losing 20 minutes at the beginning trying to figure out what was keeping
my receiving the RTTY sigs to decode....Was fun for a while but 15m could not
hold its own for me. KI6RRN worked me and moved me to 10m and I parked for a
couple of minutes and picked up a TX stn and N4ZZ on 10m but after full 8 min.
of zippo, I went to a fairly quiet (no sigs 15m) From that point I felt I was
chasing the unwashed - signals fading and when I would send NAME NAME NAME NAME
only to have stations resend mycall / their call / fading to nothing ... wanted
to scream but wait you can't do that on RTTY.

Was not fun for me. Seems this is an SO2R contest (as are lots of them in the
NAQPs)

I looked at the first 20 contestants in SOAB LP and that is what they are ----
SO2Rs.

So those of us down the ladder,operating as Hiram had imagined, fall in at
places - 40something on down.

That is the answer to "where our contesting game is headed - SO2X, remote
stations" while the rest of us provide the bottom feeding points.

Next Contest Forum(s) just copy and paste these past two lines to answer:
"...what the hell is going on with contest interest???...."

Thanks to all those SOAB LP non-SO2Rs who participated and perhaps when we are
all gone, we'll reorganize our own REAL Single-Station Single-Receiving Contest
with a black list of all the past SO2Rs of the past.

Get me my ladder so I can get off this SoapBox please.

WN6K, Paul