[3830] IARU AT1HQ Headquarters HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vu2cdp@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU AT1HQ Headquarters HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 07:43:16 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: AT1HQ
Operator(s): VU2RCT VU2CPL VU2PTT VU3NXI VU2MUD
Station: AT1HQ

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH: Multiple on WAN
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:
   80:   20             5        8
   40:   85            15       20
   20:  560    447     41       48
   15:  199    223     24       37
   10:    1                      1
-------------------------------------
Total:  865    670     85      114  Total Score = 1,204,547

Club:

Comments:

This year's AT1HQ operation is dedicated to the memory of Ved
VU2VP, eminent scientist and long time Vice President of ARSI who
became a Silent Key on 6th July.

Like previous years, AT1HQ was once
again on the air as the ARSI multiplier in the IARU Contest. Back
in 2016, we had tried out a Wide Area Network (WAN) operation
using VPN connecting stations in Mumbai, Bangalore and
Mangalore. This year, due to a last minute development, the
Mumbai team couldn't participate and therefore AT1HQ comprised
ops from Bangalore and Mangalore only. We once again seamlessly
cnnected all stations over the internet and N1MMLogger+ worked
great with the Master server on the Microsoft Azure cloud. All
the networked stations could see all the QSOs made by the other
AT1HQ stations immediately. We were also on the Online
Contest Scoreboard at cqcontest.net  and this meant
minute-by-minute progress was available for viewing online.
Contesting has truly become an online spectator sport!

s were terrible all weekend and a solar flare only
added to the misery. Scores were way down from last year as can
be seen from the summary.
 ARSI for the opportunity
to be a Multiplier and thank you to all those hams who stepped
forward to make this operation possible.

the setup guides for Server side https://goo.gl/5phfUy
and Client side https://goo.gl/xqWwPX
for multi-op WAN VPN networked operations have been
shared on the N1MM+ Yahoogroups mailing list for use by other HQ
stations who may be interested. The full package is now on the
N1MM website under Additional Support Files at
http://n1mmplus.hamdocs.com/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=3792
The latest updated files will be availble here when changes are
made.

Note that a cloud based server is not really needed to
run this network like we did. One of the stations which has the
Master computer can run Softether VPN Server on the same machine
and the other stations on the network can connect to it using the
Client setup guide.

QSL via VU2PTT

73 from the AT1HQ team

Prasad VU2PTT