[3830] CQWW VHF VE3SMA Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3sma@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF VE3SMA Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:01:58 +0000
CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: VE3SMA
Operator(s): VA3ELE VE3AXC VE3SMA
Station: VE3SMA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN05
Operating Time (hrs): 26

    6:   97    53
    2:   38    23
-------------------
Total:  135    76  Total Score = 13,148

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Arrived at site (summer cottage) 3 hours before the start.  Got equipment and
main antennas set up 3 minutes before the start!  The 2 m EME antenna was
assembled during the contest in periods when 6 m wasn't open.

6 m Es was quite good on Saturday, but we were surprised to find that there was
much more activity on the new FT8 mode than on SSB or CW.  2 m was a slog, as
usual, quite far from any centres of activity.  But we did better on 2 m EME
than previously, with a number of European stations in the log.  Sunday was
pretty slow on both bands, as were the operators by this time, and we had to
take an hour or so off due to thunderstorms.  I found myself wishing there were
more rovers active so we'd have someone to work.

Thanks to VA3ELE and VE3AXC for all their efforts at providing equipment
station assembly and tear-down, operating, providing and cooking food, washing
dishes etc.!  And to VE3WJ for loaning us the 2 m amplifier, even although he
was unable to join us this year.

73,
Steve VE3SMA