[3830] IOTA WQ6X(@NX6T) SO(A)12CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] IOTA WQ6X(@NX6T) SO(A)12CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 21:15:53 +0000
IOTA Contest

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SO(A)12CW LP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5
Remote Operation

   80:    3       1       0        0
   40:   99      28       0        0
   20:    7       2       0        0
   15:    0       0       0        0
   10:    0       0       0        0
Total:  109      31       0        0  Total Score = 34,968

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another WQ6X remote operation from NX6T ("NashVille") in
Fallbrook.
Family obligations kept me off the air during 15:00z thru 06:00z so I made the
7.5 hours of actual OP time work for me.
Equipment-wise I ran a barefoot Elecraft K3 into a 3-el Stepp-IR, 2-elements
on 40 meters and a droopy inverted Vee for the 3 QSOs on 80 meters.
As with other recent remote contests, using an old Autek QF-1A audio filter
to process the laptop audio produced far better results that the DSP filtering
built into the K3.
My biggest CW contest BEEF is with the BONEHEADS who work me and then move
up barely 200hz to call CQ, when there is PLENTY of open frequency space
1 or 2 khz away.
While I missed the 40 meter opening to Europe and heard no AF stations (and
only
1 SA station), this IOTA contest was a lot of fun.  Because of the format of
the
island designators,the IOTA contest makes for an interesting challenge.
You can read my write up about this GiG in an upcoming WQ6X Contest BLOG
entry:
WQ6X.Blogspot.com