[3830] NAQP CW N9NB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tsrwvcomm@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N9NB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2017 06:26:02 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: va
Operating Time (hrs): 9:58

  160:   61    22
   80:  156    43
   40:  258    52
   20:  241    53
   15:   67    27
   10:   48    15
-------------------
Total:  831   212  Total Score = 176,172

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC GUNNERS

Comments:

The weather was beautiful today-- a cool and crisp sunrise, with no clouds in
the sky, and my neighbor passed his technician exam at the Roanoke hamfest
today, so it was very tempting to do antenna work and show him the ropes of how
antennas work, rather than work the contest. But I'm glad I participated, as
things seemed to work well at the station, and I had a lot of fun. The antennas
are finally all tuned up and working the way they should, and I hope to add a
few more low fixed triband antennas for quick pointing to the south and
northeast in the coming weeks.  Thanks to those who were willing to try
different bands near the end for missing multipliers! Don W4OC and I had fun
hoping over the entire HF band in just a few minutes, as we worked on all the
bands, and Summer VE5RAC was kind enough to jump from 80 to 40, but I couldn't
hear her on 15 m late at night. Several stations were able to be heard, though,
at around midnight, even when you wouldn't think the band would be open - lots
of fun! Thanks to those who were came along for the cross band attempts, like
K3AJ, W1FJ, W1WBB, W2FU, K5PI, N2GM. Thanks everyone for the QSOs! 73 ted n9nb