[3830] 222Up KF2MR/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222Up KF2MR/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 22:42:15 +0000

  5.7:   5
  10G:   2
  24G:
------------
Total:  94  Total Score = 61,579

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Team:

Comments:

Leading up to this contest I had worked long and hard on upgrades for 2.3, 3.4,
and 5G stations. The most rewarding part of the contest was finding out the
gear worked like it should and extending my personal best DX on each of these
bands. I was happy to have made multiple contacts on all bands from 222-10G and
enjoyed some wonderful weather from locations with beautiful views. There were a
few stations that made this effort particularly worthwhile. WB2BYP, VE3CRU/R,
K1TEO, and K1RZ were all in my log many times on several bands from different
grids. I really like the format change to a distance contest, but I certainly
see the downsides. I feel this contest is well suited to big stations, well
equipped rovers, and those who like to experiment or study propagation. I
enjoyed the contest and will try my best to participate again next year.