[3830] EUHF Champ ES7GM SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] EUHF Champ ES7GM SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 11:54:20 +0000
European HF Championship

Call: ES7GM
Operator(s): ES7GM
Station: ES7GM

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: KO28TI
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:   98      4     46
   80:  144     14     54
   40:  105    204     62
   20:  254    230     66
   15:  111     86     54
   10:   58     14     36
---------------------------
Total:  770    552    318  Total Score = 420,078

Club:

Comments:

After a lot of preparing, constant station testing and all the tiny work that
was done during the "off season" my station was ready to go. Start
was really satisfying. Decided to start on 20m SSB and 1st hour rate was
~180ish. I was well ahead of the cqcontest claimed results and then somewhere
around 2nd hour I lost my tribander that was fixed south. I got infinite SWR on
all bands. That literally felt like losing a leg or something. Took a little
break to bring some water and see what happened with the antenna. Thoughts of
quitting went through my head but I decided to see what will happen, and
carried on. Aaaaaand somewhere at the end of the contest I lost my 160 antenna
too.

Despite everything, this contest is always lots of fun!