[3830] 1010SumSSB N5XZ HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5xz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 1010SumSSB N5XZ HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2017 01:31:57 +0000
10-10 Int. Summer Contest, SSB

Call: N5XZ
Operator(s): N5XZ
Station: N5XZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 24.0

Total:  QSOs = 774  Total Score = 1,140

Club: Houston SHOT

Comments:

Friday night started kind of slow but took off like gangbusters! I think I
worked around 300 the on Friday night alone! Best start in a 10-10 contest I
have had in a very long time. The band stayed open until almost midnight!
Saturday, however, was quite a bit slower, and I only worked about 200 or so.
It did start early, though, about 7:20 am and closed about 10 pm. Sunday
started later, about 8 am, but I had some great runs, in some cases 120 per
hour (which is pretty good for a 10-10 contest) and as many as 200 in a run.
Great action! The band went cold Sunday afternoon, which is typical, but opened
up just a bit around the last hour and, of course, the last 10 minutes I started
seeing activity up and down the band on the P3 bandscope. The biggest thrill was
being called by IW0HBY/9 in Sicily at 20:45 Zulu on Saturday! He was the first
EU I have worked on 10SSB in quite a while! (although I did work a lot of EU
during the 10 meter contest last December, but that was CW and in the winter
when conditions are much better). All in all I am very happy with my score and
the performance of the equipment and antenna. Thanks to all the locals who came
out to work me (sorry for all the hounding…no, really I’m not!) and thanks
also to my many teammates in the Houston SHOT chapter. I think we’re gonna
pull of another win!