[3830] WAE CW K1IMI(N4CW) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K1IMI(N4CW) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 00:51:11 +0000
WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K1IMI
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: K1IMI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Maine-USA
Operating Time (hrs): 15:45

   80:   40    10    72
   40:  180   191    90
   20:  480   517    86
   15:   11     0    18
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  719   718   266  Total Score = 382,242

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wish I had more time! Friday evening was curtailed by some local thunderstorms.
40 got unbearable and 80 was impossible!
Started on 20 just after sunrise. It was great! I got some good rates for a
couple hours, then things slowed down. I went to 15 around 10 AM (local) and
worked some mults, but it wasn't as active as I would have liked. I moved back
to 20 after lunch and stayed until dinner, around 6 PM. I got on 40 after that
and really had fun. 80 was full of loud European signals! Had to quit around 11
PM and get to bed. Sunday, I operated about 15 minutes before heading for church
(a 2-hour drive, one way!). Returned home around 4:30 Sunday and went on 20,
finishing on 40 around 7 PM for a total of 15h and 45 minutes.

The KX3 is a formidable rig...it's size belies it's capabilities! The KX3
"fed" the KXPA100 which "drove" the Acom 1000 to a
kilowatt. Antennas were an old T-8 (LP) with a tip of one element missing! For
40 and 80, I used a G5RV, 50 feet up on one end and 25 feet the other, oriented
NE-SW. It worked great, but would have preferred a shorty-40 and a 4-square on
80...but that'll never be on a narrow lot!

Lots of great ops out there; I don't see how they can copy so well. SP3CW asked
me to QRQ over and over until I settled on 44 WPM...fastest I've ever sent QTC's
and had 100% copy!!! Truly amazing!

Thanks to DARC for sponsoring these WAE contests; they're fun and challenging.
Bert, N4CW/K1IMI