[3830] NAQP SSB KM4SII(@KJ5Y) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KM4SII(@KJ5Y) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 02:46:36 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KM4SII
Operator(s): KM4SII
Station: KJ5Y

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  315    49
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  315    49  Total Score = 15,435

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Single band -- 20m only!

100w from the KJ5Y remote. Running a GXP 11-5 antenna up only 22 feet. Great
conditions with the band still open at 10:30 PM when I went QRT. Great
propagation in all directions and lots of activity. Tons of fun!

I had an operator named Mason in TX call me (I was Mason, also in Texas). That
was cool :)

Most QSOs were made by running. Very little S and P. Much better results than I
was expecting with such a low antenna and only one band. The noise was a bit
high when beaming East, so I apologize to the stations that I couldn't pull out
over that direction. West and north was fine noise-wise.

See you all soon in another contest! :)

73 de KM4SII - Mason (14 year old operator)