[3830] CWopsT OF1ZAA(OH1ZAA) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OF1ZAA(OH1ZAA) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 14:01:57 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Aug 23

Call: OF1ZAA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OF1ZAA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KP01RO
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  18
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  18  Mults = 18  Total Score = 324

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

50 gigawatts of Auroral hemisphere power overhead. 9 months break
in visiting my OH1ZAA location right at the shores of the Gulf of
Bothnia. IC-7300 and a broken 5-el 14 MHz log-yagi. The reflector
dropped out in a storm a couple of years ago. Lightning paralyzed
the rotor. The Collins-balun of the log-yagi has become one-sided,
so half of the current is now flowing in the top of the 30 m rotary
tower. Maybe that is even a blessing under these conditions. At one
point DL6KVA copied my prefix, then faded .. all DL's weak. Then at
1340Z a solar flare... after that only French signals. Still could
work DL5YM later and DL6KVA in the last minute. Checked 21 and 7 MHz,
but nil on RX. The IC-7300 tuner would not force the broken 14 MHz
onto those bands anyway ... Will be interesting to see the conditions
in the 1900Z session ... Cheers, Zaba OH1ZAA