[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KK6MC/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Jamesduffey@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KK6MC/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 13:52:28 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  80     19  Total Score = 2,461

Club: New Mexico VHF Society

Comments:

I had a good contest on Saturday. Sunday not so much. Saturday I went out to the
Moriarty convergence, DM64/65/74/75 and worked the four grids there until early
evening. There was a fair amount of local activity and conditions were good
enough to complete QSOes with W9RM at 300 miles on 2M from all the grids and 6M
in 2 grids. WB5CST/r came out to the convergence and was on for a while to give
me some QSOes from adjacent grids where activity was lacking.

Early Sunday I drove down to Socorro and DM64. I picked up a few new QSOes that
I hadn't worked the day before in DM64 and two new mults. I then headed east to
DM63. On the way to a high ridge on a very rough and bumpy road, my mast
support broke and sent my antennas crashing to the road, which was rock then.
Little major damage, but without the support I could not continue the contest,
so I disassembled everything and drove home, stopping in Socorro for lunch and
a beer with KC7QY.