[3830] CQ WW RTTY KG4V/1(N1EN) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mda@n1en.org
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KG4V/1(N1EN) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 17:20:58 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KG4V/1
Operator(s): N1EN
Station: N1EN

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   58      25       10     8
   40:  119      29       34    14
   20:  200      21       45    17
   15:   42       6       23    15
   10:    2       1        2     2
------------------------------------
Total:  421      82      114    56  Total Score = 237,384

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Haven't been able to play much in the past several months between family and
work.  Didn't really have time to play this weekend...but between needing to
start checking the station out and decide what to do before Thanksgiving
weekend, and having had one of those weeks at work where you have to just say
"eff it all" and do something fun to blow off steam...well, I made a
point of having some fun at least.

Conditions were "meh", but better than I feared they could be.  Wish
I knew why I couldn't get 2Tone to even generate even one tone on the second
K3, but I was able to at least use the second radio to queue up "the next
station" when S&Ping.  (I had planned to take Friday afternoon off to
prep...but fire drill at work, meant discovering the issue 10 minutes before
00Z, and having no opportunity to do more than confirm the audio cable was
connected and shrug.)  "Fortunately" conditions were sufficiently
"meh" that only having one tx radio wasn't a big hindrance.  A couple
of nice runs also proved to be very relaxing.

Called it quits at lunchtime on Sunday because of some honeydos that need doing
before going back to the salt mine tonight, if I want to continue to have
spousal permission to play hard in late November.

Station
1½ K3's
80m Carolina Windom
40m delta loop