[3830] CQ WW RTTY AE0EE Classic SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AE0EE Classic SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 23:47:50 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Classic SOAB LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:   64      27       2     3
   40:
   20:  162      34      33    12
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  226      61      35    15  Total Score = 41,514

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

K3, 75-100 W, dipoles up 6-8 m.

I only had a limited amount of time to spend on this one, so I decided not to
put up all the antennas.  The 80/160 m fan dipole has stayed up all summer, but
no antennas for 40-10 m were up.  In the past I've had fun with two-band
contests (typically 40/15 with a single antenna back when 15 m was reliably
open) and thought I should try another one with 20 and 80 m.  My low dipole on
80 m is not very DX-friendly but with US states and Canadian provinces as
multipliers, it can still provide a decent number of points (single-band 80 m
would be 2336 pts).  Sunday morning local I had a good run on 80 meters
starting around 5:20, with contacts trailing off toward sunrise.  I
contemplated a single-band entry for the overall contest, but decided against
it having missed so much time on 80 (slept at night, thunderstorms Saturday
evening).

Band conditions on 20 m were very good, with stable openings to Europe
throughout most of the day.  The band was crowded, and I appreciated the
filtering in the new (to me) radio.  Most of my 20 m operation was
search-and-pounce, but I called CQ a few times without too much success.

There were a couple of domestic highlights to this contest: I think I have
finished off my Triple Play award with Maine on digital, as well as my second
band of Worked All States (80 m) with Nevada finally in the log.  It has been
just over three years since I began operating under that callsign/location
combination for the award.

I'm looking forward to CQWW SSB next month!