[3830] CQ WW RTTY K3HW SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K3HW@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K3HW SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 00:20:31 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K3HW
Operator(s): K3HW
Station: K3HW

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Skippack, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 19:45

   80:    5       4       2     1
   40:   78      32      23    13
   20:   68      15      29    14
   15:   36       9      15    12
   10:    4       0       3     3
-----------------------------------
Total:  191      60      72    43  Total Score = 60,900

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I had not planned to spend so much time but I ended up putting nearly 20 hours
in the chair mostly at night after the kids were in bed.  I had to IC-7300
married up with MMTTY and N1MM Logger plus for the first time in a RTTY
contest.  Wow, what a difference in ease.  Obviously this was 100% search and
pounce.  The highlight was working 5T5OK on 20 and 40 meters thanks for them
hanging in there for several minutes to pull me out on 40! I would never had
bothered with QRP if not for playing so much with digital modes this summer
including FT8 and JT9. I have learned 5 watts and a little bit of luck can
sometimes go a long way.  I love digital and RTTY probably more than CW now. I
have come a long way from the phone only op I was 10 years ago lol! It was nice
to play in the first contest season of Fall 2017!  Looking forward to PAQP next
up in three weeks!  Until then 73 de K3HW..