[3830] CQ WW RTTY K7XC SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K7XCNV1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K7XC SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 00:29:21 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: DM09jh N NV
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   63       26       6     6
   40:  101       22      14    12
   20:  267       43      59    29
   15:  157       27      28    19
   10:    9        3       5     5
------------------------------------
Total:  597      121     112    71  Total Score = 376,960

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Met my goal of having all the Mono-Banders in the air by contest time... Just
Barely. The Flux started at 81 with low A and K indices which made 20 and 15
very useful . 10M was dead most of the weekend with minor flashes from the
South now and then. 15M played well for the marginal conditions with limited
openings to EU both days. A pleasure to have an open band to JA on each day!
20M was open early and well past sunset with loud signals from EU, AS, SA, NA,
OC. while limited openings to AF. 40M was fun with plenty of stations to work.
Wish I could have stayed awake longer on Friday Night. 80M was noisy but still
OK. Need better antennas for DX on 80/40. The Mono-banders on 10/15/20 Meters
work well but for DX contests need to be much higher. Not a full effort as I
suffer from Headaches since my Car Crash in 2008, often needing to stop and
relax while waiting for the pain meds to kick in to allow me to continue. The
weather outside was simply fabulous making it hard to keep my fat old butt in
the chair. Station here is an old IC-746, AL-80B at 500W out, 4 ele 10M yagi @
25ft, 3 ele 15M yagi @ 30ft, 3ele 20M yagi @ 43ft, and a Dual Band 40M/80M Inv
Vee at 39ft. Still "THE BEST RTTY CONTEST OF THEM ALL!" See you in CQ
WW DX SSB!