[3830] CQ WW RTTY W4GE Classic SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, schmiera@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W4GE Classic SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 02:57:55 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W4GE
Operator(s): W4GE
Station: W4GE

Class: Classic SOAB HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   80:   67      21       15     9
   40:  148      29       38    15
   20:  219      24       49    16
   15:  201      17       53    19
   10:   11       0        6     6
------------------------------------
Total:  646      91      161    65  Total Score = 490,716

Club: $199 Contest Club

Comments:

I really enjoy this contest.  Technology has all come together for the digital
modes, including RTTY, and this is a TEST where the time and effort of all
those who engineered the equipment and wrote the code has come to full
fruition.  I remember my early years as an engineer and ham, looking with
amazement of a functioning ASR-33 teletype.  Well, I guess that means that the
technology and this amateur are now fully matured...  Enough nostalgia...

Conditions were marginal but could have been a lot worse.  10M opened on Sunday
afternoon and that helped some, with 20 and 40M the goto bands, with 15M
amazingly productive as well.

Thanks to all for being such a great group of ops with unending courtesy and
talent for pulling signals through.  See you next RTTY TEST!

Rig: Elecraft K3, P3, Acom 1500
Antennas: 6-20M K4KIO Hex, 40/30M DXE Vertical with elevated radials, 80M DXE
full 1/4 wave vertical.
Software: N1MM+

Rick,
W4GE