[3830] CQ WW RTTY K7VAP Classic SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K7VAP Classic SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 05:10:27 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K7VAP
Operator(s): K7VAP
Station: K7VAP

Class: Classic SOAB LP
QTH: Tacoma, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   80:
   40:
   20:  247      40      42    19
   15:   26      12       7     8
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  273      52      49    27  Total Score = 63,616

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

My goals were pretty small.  Make at least 50 contacts, and get a few new
countries.  Well, I blew that out of the water.  I got 25 more new countries,
and now I just hope for confirmations.

Even though I spent 22 hours, a lot of that was 20 minutes here, and 20 minutes
there to get some DX I wanted.  Also, I was able to still spend the weekend
doing things around town.

I had fun, and I was able to study propagation with my antenna since I'm not
quite used to it yet.  I also have to play around a bit with N1MM+ since I have
now have the antenna capability to make it useful.  I wanted to go to 15M, but I
just couldn't break away from 20M because things were just too good for me
there.

The only problem I had was that it's really hard to see the computer screen
when there's a cat in the way. :)

Antenna: 3 Element Steppir @ 35 feet
Radio: IC-7000