[3830] CQ WW RTTY VU2LBW SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vu2lbw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VU2LBW SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 06:35:11 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VU2LBW
Operator(s): VU2LBW
Station: VU2LBW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    1                1     1
   40:  111               36    12
   20:  231       5       47    16
   15:  279               50    19
   10:
------------------------------------
Total:  622       5      134    48  Total Score = 305,371

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

Station setup:
Rig: IC756PROIII
Ant: 8 EL, tribander at 80 feet
Amp: SB-200
Software: N1MM+ running MMTTY, 2Tone & GRITTY

This is perhaps the first WW I have participated in where I have made no QSO's
on 10M. I seem to have missed the 10M openings that showed up on the local RBN
node.

The usual noise at my dense urban location and the poor band conditions made it
tough to decode most stations. I probably missed out on quite a few callers. 15M
was the go-to band this time. On 20M, it was incredible to hear RTTY sigs up
beyond 14.150!

I experienced a small fire in the amp. It was probably due to cobwebs igniting
in the amp (the amp stays idle between the WPX's and WW's!). The ol'amp
continued to work though, but I turned down my power output to 220-250 watts
after that. I will need to investigate what happened.

Poor conditions and high local noise made it a disappointing weekend for me.

It was great to see a few VU's on the contest. Apart from the regulars VU2NKS
and AT3T (VU2PTT), it was good to hear AT5M (VU2MUD), VU2DED (with his great
low-power, wire antenna setup), VU2IBI, VU2GRM, VU2YVK, VU2KWJ and VU2NFJ.

73 de Lucky / VU2LBW
VU Contest Group
Bangalore, INDIA