[3830] CQ WW RTTY VC3I M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, r_bakalov@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VC3I M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:20:56 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VC3I
Operator(s): N2WQ VE3JI
Station: VC3I

Class: M/S HP
QTH: FN05GL
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   80:  309       42      25    11
   40:  297       42      46    15
   20:  675       41      66    20
   15:  308       22      58    20
   10:    3        0       2     2
------------------------------------
Total: 1593      147     197    68  Total Score = 1,681,784

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This was definitely fun! Ian VE3JI and I very much enjoyed the contest and the
conditions were much better than expected. Since there were only two of us we
decided that we are going to do our best without killing ourselves, with
emphasis on fun rather than a high score. So we used only one radio and took
turns. As basic M/S operation as it gets.

Always a fun contest. Seems both activity and ops are getting better.

Just a few weeks ago I had completed some antenna work and was very much
looking forward to battletesting it- a new 4SQ on 80 and a second KT36XA at
68'.

The good news is that the new antennas worked really great. Even though the 4SQ
needs tons of radials, it hears very well with a very good F/B. Similarly, being
able to switch between the ~105' and 68' tribanders made a huge difference.

However, the Prosistel PST61 rotator failed again, this time the motor
died/froze. This particular rotator has been a consistent problem over the
years and has failed way too many times for various reasons. It's a piece of
junk I won't recommend to anyone.

With the failed rotator, our 40m and ~105' antennas were stuck at 61 degrees
and the 68' permanently fixed at 45 degrees. This significantly reduced our
ability to chase multipliers (or hear callers coming from the sides).

Thank you everyone for the Qs and multipliers.

Rudy N2WQ and Ian VE3JI