[3830] TxQP K0AP SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP K0AP SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 19:54:36 +0000
Texas QSO Party

Call: K0AP
Operator(s): K0AP
Station: K0AP

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:  113
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  113     0       0  Mults = 94  Total Score = 38,866

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

The score includes 7000 additional points for working N5NA from 29, W5CT 20,
K5OT 11, K5GQ 10, and W3DYA 9 counties. I have always been interested in county
hunting but never really got it going seriously until recently. With the band
conditions kind of winding down what could be a better choice to stay on the
air but chase US counties all across the USA. Since the beginning of the year I
have operated in multiple QSO parties and TXQP was not an exception. I was very
impressed of how N5NA managed his mobile operation to perfection. He was always
there and made sure to switch bands 40m to 20m and vice versa, to give everybody
a chance. I worked N5NA in 29 counties but if I did not have to multitask and
work on few errands in and around the house, I am quite sure I could've got him
from all counties he operated from. His operating pattern was very predictable
and all I needed to do is just sit and wait for him to show up from the next
one on 7.032.5 +/-. Kudos to N5NA and the other mobiles (W5CT, K5OT, K5GQ and
W3DYA) for bringing so much fun to the game. On Saturday morning when the TXQP
started I quickly realized that here at my QTH in KS I don't have good 20m band
opening (short skip) to Texas so I decided to stick to 40m CW only. 40m was very
reliable band and I was able to hear the mobiles almost all of the time, with
few exceptions. I am looking forward to TXQP 2018 and I hope next year the
mobile participation will be greater.
Thank you all TX stations who participated for a great Qso party!

73 Dragan K0AP, Z32XX

P.S: Since 2011 I operate as K0W in the KSQP.