[3830] CQ WW RTTY I4DZ(@IR4M) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY I4DZ(@IR4M) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 13:20:55 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: I4DZ
Operator(s): I4DZ I4EWH I4IFL IK3QAR IK4DCW IK4HVR IK4MGP IW3FVZ IZ4NIC IZ5ICH
Station: IR4M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MONTECODRUZZO
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  297       32      67    18
   40: 1063       53     108    34
   20: 1296       55     108    36
   15:  749       45     101    37
   10:   72        0      43    13
------------------------------------
Total: 3477      185     427   138  Total Score = 6,636,750

Club:

Comments:

Once again we used the short call of OUR friend and old timer Giancarlo I4DZ, as
we're not allowed to use our contest call IR4M in all contests.

Very good contest in many aspects.

The main is that we could check that the recent major mainenance works were ok!

That is, the move of the 40m 4el yagi from the 20m to the new dedicated
Tower/rotator, the repair of the 20m rotator broken after a wind storm early
this summer and several others...

Everything worked fine!

10m with short openings to the caribbeans (no USA, though) and some back
scatter who allowed to work a few EU mults.

15m in better condx than expected, with good runs to USA/VE late in the
afternoon both days, including a pleasant call from KH6 and KL7 for a double
mult each :-)

The only problem faced was just a few hours before the end of the contest, when
an issue to the 20m antenna feed system forced us to move earlier than planned
to 40m.

To our surprise (at that time we usually work NA on 20),  JA and Asia were loud
enough to run a decent pile-up for at least an hour.

Thanks to EI7M for the nice race on cqcontest, and to all those that sportily
published on the score board.

See u in ssb leg as IR4M!