[3830] CaQP K6VO(@K6NR) M/SFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6VO(@K6NR) M/SFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 04:36:33 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: K6VO
Operator(s): K6NR K6RBS AF6GL
Station: K6NR

Class: M/SFixed HP
QTH: sber
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:   38      5
   80:   76     88
   40:  108    104
   20:  330    354
   15:  205    200
   10:   18      4
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This year Richard, K6RBS, Tim, AF6GL and I (K6NR) once
again put K6VO on the air for the California QSO Party,
with Mike, NM6X providing logistical support.  We had a
good time as always, but the noise at my desert station
near Victorville has gotten worse every year and was
particularly bad this year.  I have at least three
strong noise sources and they impact all bands,
especially 20 meters and below (QRN is 20 over 9 on
40m). Apologies to everyone who called who we could not
pull out.

Conditions were fair, with a short 10 meter opening.  We
didn't seem to get as many callers answering our Cqs,
but perhaps we couldn't hear them in the noise.  Lots of
DX on Sunday morning �" we had 101 DX QSOs overall.  Hats
off to our friends in Ontario who provided 88 QSOs.
Once again Alaska was a no show and we finished with 57
of 58 mults.

Our QSO count and score was down from past years, not
sure it was us, the QRN, or conditions. Our thanks to
everyone for the QSOs.

    Dana, K6NR

Station: K3 -> AL1200, 1200 W
Antennas: