[3830] CaQP K0HC(W0BH) M/SSchool HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K0HC(W0BH) M/SSchool HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 16:50:50 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: M/SSchool HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 13.1

  160:
   80:    5      0
   40:   28     19
   20:   48    394
   15:   19     77
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

Our first "outing" in the Hesston College contest season. Aviation,
nursing, and engineering students Gracie, Amos, Grace and Tyson got their first
taste of ham radio contesting as we chased the California Sweep.

We got off to a great start with a number of the "rare" counties
coming early. Tehama and Glenn are always two of the most difficult, but
N6JET/m called us from Tehama with the good news that he was going to Glenn
later. Our last five counties were MADE, TEHA, COLU, LASS, GLEN with the Sweep
coming at 0036Z when N6JET/m checked back in! We gave him the frequency after
we worked him, so perhaps others found him as well. Thanks also to K6AQL/m for
his usual FB job of   covering counties and all the rest of the FB CA gang.

It was a treat to have 15m open for several hours on both days. Our students
had easy copy with the mostly loud signals, so all-in-all, a great practice
session for our Sweepstakes team. Some also learned a little Morse code as they
practiced on a keyer between contacts!

Log has been uploaded to LOTW.

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc