[3830] CQ WW RTTY IQ6AN(@IR6T) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY IQ6AN(@IR6T) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 13:07:15 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: IQ6AN
Operator(s): IK6JNH IK6RYU IK6VXO IZ4AFW IZ6TSA
Station: IR6T

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 47

   80:  222       17      62    14
   40:  874       53     105    35
   20: 1162       55     111    37
   15:  505       42      98    35
   10:   39        2      32    15
------------------------------------
Total: 2802      169     408   136  Total Score = 5,060,874

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

This is our first experience in CQ WW RTTY as Multi Op. A small number of
operators (beginners included),  but a lot of fun. No big technical problems
were spotted during the contest, and after months of work we are finally happy
for this achievement even if there are still a lot of parts and features to be
added. We suffered only a big but short thunderstorm and hailstorm, because of
this we had to make a forced pause of almost one hour Sunday afternoon.

We did not used any inband antenna in this contest and only one operating
position for multipliers and no receiving antennas on 80m and 40m. We felt the
need of a rotating antenna which will be installed in the near future. Surely
with more radios seeking multipliers and inband antenna we could have increased
our score a bit more. We hope everything is ready for next year, starting from
CQ WPX RTTY.

Bands were not so bad after all, good openings on 15m and just an hour opening
in 10m Sunday at the right time for working both South and North America.
However sometimes mostly on Sunday there were not so much traffic in the main
bands (40m and 20m).

We had the pleasure to have IZ4AFW Fabio for the second time this year. We had
a very good time after all during the contest and tasting the excellent BBQ by
IK6RYU Franco and cocktails by IK6JNH Italo.

Congrats to I4DZ and EI7M for the great results they made and hope to reduce
the gap in the future.

IZ6TSA Nicolò
www.ir6t.com